"Nadia, nothing is wrong with you.
Just let that one sink in for a minute.You just have to deal with your life!"
Nothing is wrong with you. You just have to deal with your life.
Lately I have realized that the stress in my life is creeping out in subconscious ways. Recently my teeth and jaws have been hurting and I've had a constant headache. A couple of days ago I saw my dentist and he told me it's classic symptoms of grinding my teeth in my sleep. When he looked in my mouth, he was shocked at the damage to my teeth in the last six months.
Some of you may have seen my Facebook post which read:
Because I'm honest, here is what I learned at the doctor today:
2. My cholesterol is bad. (Same with my parents & grandparents.)
3. My thyroid is still off. (Thank you surgeon for not monitoring both my TSH & T3 for a year after surgery. Thank you Lauren for trying to fix it!)
4. No more gluten >period < (My doctors research is showing cutting gluten benefits persons with low thyroid and reduces inflammation.)
5. Eat three meals a day. (Which is funny because #1, she told me to eat more because I often forget.)
6. Prioritize Dana. (Um, wow. She said, "Seriously Dana, you cook for the dog. You put the dog ahead of you. Take care of Dana!")The other day when I saw my doctor which prompted the above post, we talked about the number of women who are stressed, so stressed it is manifesting in physical problems. (Thanks Lauren for your time, genuine caring for my health and the health of my family-you're a gem!) It may come as a shock but this is absolutely >>not<<< a new problem. Through my years as a mom, my own mom has shared with me stories about how difficult it sometimes was raising us kids in from the 60's - the 80's; during many of those years she was also caring for her aging parents. Mom has always been a "bath every night whether you need it or not" kind of woman; when we were young she'd literally fall into the tub shed tears and cry. Tears of exhaustion, tears of isolation, tears from being the glue that always held our family together and cries to God for the strength to do it all again tomorrow.
|At Beer & Hymns with my Anna-girl, she still holds hands with me!|
dedicated, focused part of my everyday life. Here is the blog entry I am patterning my prayer journal after. I will be personalizing it for three daughters (and a daughters boyfriend), prayers I love and prayers I will write. I look forward to having it ready to fill. This will be my daily "power hour." My life is crazy blessed and so full....my life is full and I'm so crazy blessed. They go hand in hand because there is not one single element of my life I'd choose to go without-the good, the not so good, the great, the horrible, the ups, the downs, the happy moments, the sad--every one makes me the person I am.
|My friend Mellissa says, "Today is a good day for a good day!" |
I found this one and like it too...
"Not every day is a good day but there is good in every day!"